Sunday, November 13, 2016

Nicole DaSilva: Student spotlight

This experience is once in a lifetime. I have learned an incredible amount about Thai pharmacy, and contrary to what I thought before, it is very similar to pharmacy practice in the US. I would whole heartedly suggest any student take the opportunity to learn about different pharmacy practices. My favorite parts of the trip would be the patient care visits performed by a local community pharmacy and the Thai cooking class. There are a few things I would bring back from Thailand; one would be the way Thai health care providers counsel their patients. Discharge paperwork is very organized and has exactly what the patient needs, including pictures of the medications. This has been an amazing opportunity and I am very thankful that I was able to participate in this program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment