Sunday, November 13, 2016

Jenifer DeNormandie: Student spotlight

I was first interested in this APPE when I originally heard about it as a P1. It had started as a curiosity about how healthcare in Thailand differs from that in America and how they utilize homeopathic practices, but my experience so far has exceeded any of my original expectations. Our days have been filled with visits to different healthcare related sites as well as other locations. These visits and the experiences we have had there has begun to paint a picture of what life is really like for the Thai people and what their relationship is with their healthcare system. Though they deal with certain disease states on a daily basis that are considered quite rare in the US, their goals and treatment options are much more similar to our standards of care than I ever realized. So far this has been an eye opening experience concerning both the similarities and differences of quality and cost of care when compared with the US. I am excited to see what else we learn and how this picture will look once we reach the end of this APPE.



No comments:

Post a Comment