Sunday, November 13, 2016

Daniel Jaracz: Student Spotlight

Traveling and learning were always two great passions of mine. So I quickly jumped at the opportunity to participate on this APPE rotation.  Like all of my other rotations, this rotation has allowed me to improve my clinical knowledge. This one was unique in the topics that were covered. Learning and seeing diseases such leprosy, deep fugal infections, malaria, and dengue fever was very unique. As a pharmacy student at an American university we spend little to no time on these topics. They seem foreign to us but are endemic in other parts of the world. One thing that really stood out to me as an outsider to the Thailand health care system was the text book execution of inter-professional practice in the healthcare setting. Coming on this rotation I expect the healthcare system to be years behind our health care system in the United States. This may be true in regard to having the newest drugs and the state of the art technology but not in the case of inter-professional  practice and work flow.  Here inter-professional practice is years ahead of what it is in the United States. I am excited to bring what I learned thus far back to the United States.


No comments:

Post a Comment