Sunday, November 13, 2016

Alison Navarro: Student spotlight

I came on this Thailand trip expecting to see a whole different world both culturally and academically. So far, I have found that as much as our worlds are different, they are also very similar. The amount of respect that the Thai people have for not only their king and royal family, but also each other is extremely inspirational. I think that we, as Americans, can learn a lot from the Thai people about how we should treat each other. My favorite part of the trip thus far has been learning about how advanced pharmacy practice in Thailand actually is. I was extremely surprised! Thai pharmacists model much of what they do after American pharmacy, but in many ways I think they have done a better job at actually implementing certain processes. For example, most community pharmacists perform screening for their patients with chronic disease so that they don't have to visit a doctor as often. I hope that I can take back some of what I am learning and bring it back to my own pharmacy practice in America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment